Telstar

Forum o satelitski, kabelski, zemeljski in IP TV
Danes je Če Mar 28, 2024 23:50

Vsi časi so UTC+01:00 Evropa/Ljubljana

Napiši novo temo  Odgovori na temo  [ 8 prispevkov ] 
Avtor Sporočilo
 Naslov prispevka: Skystar 2 na Gentoo
OdgovorObjavljeno: Po Maj 30, 2005 17:00 
V roke mi je prisel ta odlicni clanek (zame nic novega), ki bo marsikateremu novemu uporabniku olajsal instalacijo skystar 2 na Gentoo. Zahvala gre avtorju Stile, slava mu ..

Ce se najde kaksna dobra dusa, ga lahko prevede.

VDR for Budget Cards On Gentoo SC 0.4.4, Xine and, VDR 1.3.24.

Now that Gentoo is in good shape, the next step is to get the DVB card working. For those with a budget card, I am using a SS 2, we're going to demonstrate that here. I'm going to attempt to add in the VP1020 also. Since I don't have one, hopefully you guys will tell me if I'm right or wrong so we can make sure it works for that card also. The only real difference will be in the kernel drivers.

This is going to be a bit more involved than the Nexus how-to since we need to add software support for all the missing hardware the Nexus has.

Start by opening a terminal window in KDE. That's K-> System-> Terminal Program (Konsole) for those that haven't found it yet. To do the first of this we need root privledges. So:

su root
Enter your root password

The first thing you should do is make sure your system is up to date. This is kind of like going to the Windows Update website. Unfortunately Linux has security problems just like Windows. Unlike Windows Update this will also update installed applications also. It's a good idea to do this occasionally. It's a simple process and and it won't require a reboot if you don't recompile the kernel. That's the only time you need to reboot a Linux machine.

Anyway, to do this we need to get the latest portage snapshot first so,

emerge --sync

This will get the updated list of applications and sytem files. Next,

emerge -vuDp world

The options go like this v=verbose, u=updates, D=deep dependency scan, p=pretend and, world=the entire system. The upper case D does make a difference. That will give you a list of what has been updated for your system. Look it over to make sure everything looks right. Then really do it.

emerge -vuD world

If by chance you get a kernel update as part of the process, you will need to update the linux link in /usr/src. To do that do this:

cd /usr/src
ls -l

Look at the current link. If it's not pointing to the latest version of your kernel sources do this:

rm linux
ln -s <new kernel directory> linux

That will make the latest sources the current sources for rebuilding the kernel which we will be doing in a couple minutes.

My past guides have used the CVS version of the drivers. I'm going to be a bit more conservative in this one and stick with the kernel drivers. We should be at kernel version 2.6.11 or better and the drivers are pretty good.

We need to make a change to the kernel drivers for NA users (BEV and DN). To prevent the dvb_frontend from going to sleep. This may already be done but let's be sure.

nano -w /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c

look for the line that says:

static int dvb_shutdown_timeout = 5;

change it to:

static int dvb_shutdown_timeout = 0;

Save and close.

For those that don't understand what you just did, you just modified the drivers that will be used. You just changed the C code and in a minute we will compile it into a working driver. It's actually pretty cool that we can do this in Linux. If it doesn't work quite like you would like, you can change it.

We are now ready to build our kernel. I suggest you use genkernel, but either way, we must ensure that a few things are enabled in the kernel before it is compiled, don't forget the gentoo specific options too.

genkernel --menuconfig --udev all

Code maturity level options --->
[*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers
[ ] Select only drivers expected to compile cleanly

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Generic Driver Options --->
[ ] Select only drivers that don't need compile-time external firmware
[ ] Prevent firmware from being built
<M> Hotplug firmware loading support

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Input device support --->
--- Mouse interface
[*] Provide legacy /dev/psaux device
(1024) Horizontal screen resolution
(768) Vertical screen resolution
< > Joystick interface
< > Touchscreen interface
<M> Event interface
< > Event debugging

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
I2C support --->
<*> I2C support
<*> I2C device interface
I2C Algorithms --->
<*> I2C bit-banging interfaces
< > I2C PCF 8584 interfaces

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
<M> Video For Linux
Video For Linux --->
Radio Adapters --->
Digital Video Broadcasting Devices --->

--- snip ---

This is the setup for a Skystar 2 card. If you have a VP1020 ignore this and move to the next --snip--.

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
[*] DVB For Linux
<M> DVB Core Support
--- Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
< > AV7110 cards (NEW)
< > Budget cards (NEW)
< > Budget cards with onboard CI connector (NEW)
< > Budget cards with analog video inputs (NEW)
--- Supported USB Adapters
< > Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB devices (NEW)
< > Technotrend/Hauppauge USB DEC devices (NEW)
< > DiBcom USB DVB-T devices (see help for device list) (NEW)
< > Terratec CinergyT2/qanu Device Drivers --->
--- Supported FlexCopII (B2C2) Adapters
<M> B2C2/Technisat Air/Sky/CableStar 2 PCI
< > B2C2/Technisat Air/Sky/Cable2PC USB
--- Supported BT878 Adapters
--- Supported DVB Frontends
Customise DVB Frontends --->

--- snip ---

Here's my attempt at a VP1020 setup. It is a bit different than the other cards since it uses a combination of the bttv drivers and the linuxtv drivers. This based off from what information I have been able to find in the driver readmes and on various boards. I don't have one of these to test with so if one of you does and would like to correct me please feel free so this can be made right. If you have a SS2 skip ahead to the second snip.

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
Video For Linux --->
--- Video Adapters
<M> BT848 Video For Linux
< > Mediavision Pro Movie Studio Video For Linux (NEW)

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
[*] DVB For Linux
<M> DVB Core Support
< > AV7110 cards (NEW)
< > Budget cards
< > Budget cards with onboard CI connector
< > Budget cards with analog video inputs
< > DiBcom USB DVB-T devices (see help for device list) (NEW)
< > Terratec CinergyT2/qanu USB2 DVB-T receiver (NEW)
< > Technisat Skystar2 PCI
<M> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards

Once the kernel has sucessfully compiled, rename you kernel, initrd and, System.map files like we did during the Gentoo install so you know which you're using.For those that missed it, I add a date and version to the end of the files. Something like -MM.DD.VV. That's month (MM), day(DD) and, version(VV). That way the next compile won't overwrite things if you need to back up.

Then add a new entry into your grub.conf file. This offers you a menu at boot and allows you to easily drop back to the old kernel if something happens to break. Re-emerge any kernel modules (nvidia-kernel). Reboot and log back in as your user.

Now we need to set up a display application since we don't have a TV out on these DVB cards. I'm going to install Xine for this. There is a package in portage but there have been some updates that will help us out so I'm going to install a CVS version to take advantage of that. The first thing we need to do is un merge any already installed Xine-lib package. So do this:

su root
emerge unmerge xine-lib

That will remove the old package. We then need to tell portage that we are supplying our own version. To do that we need to add an entry into the /etc/portage/profile/package.provided file. to do this:

mkdir /etc/portage/profile
nano -w /etc/portage/profile/package.provided

Now add these lines that say:

media-libs/xine-lib-1_rc8
media-video/vdr-1.2.0
media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1-r1

The entries are so that portage doesn't try to do something with VDR or xine in the future. It will know that we have installed outside of Portage. Save and close. Portage will now treat VDR and Xine as an installed app. This is how you can install packages that aren't in Portage without having Portage interfere.

Exit back to your user and let's make a place to put this. Create a new directory in your home directory called VDR.

exit
mkdir ~/VDR
cd ~/VDR

Now let's get a copy of xine-lib and xine-ui so we can watch the TV VDR is going to tune in for us. xine-lib is the underlying support for the mpeg decoding etc. xine-ui is the window that displays it to you. The author of the vdr-xine plugin also keeps a copy of the CVS version he used with the latest version of the xine plugin. They would be a good choice here. So:

cd ~/VDR
wget http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/xine-lib-c ... 00.tar.bz2
wget http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/xine-ui-cv ... 00.tar.bz2
tar -jxf xine-lib-cvs-20050508220400.tar.bz2
tar -jxf xine-ui-cvs-20050508220400.tar.bz2

We will now download and install vdr with sc, softcsa, yaepg and, xine. This is best done as a non-root user. Download the VDR source code.

wget ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.3.24.tar.bz2
tar -jxf vdr-1.3.24.tar.bz2

Download and install vdr-sc. This is the heart of the decryption. Without this all you'll be watching is NASA.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/
wget http://207.44.152.197/vdr-sc-0.4.4.tar.gz
tar -zxf vdr-sc-0.4.4.tar.gz
ln -s sc-0.4.4 sc

The last line creates a symbolic link between sc and sc-0.4.4. That way VDR only needs to know that sc is a valid plugin and you can keep track of which version you have. So when sc-0.4.5 comes out all you need to do is change the link to point to the new directory and recompile the plugins. If the new version doesn't work for you for some reason you can change the link back and be back where you started.

VDR needs a little help to understand how to communicate with sc. So we will use a patch provided with sc to modify the VDR source code.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
patch -p1 < ./PLUGINS/src/sc/patches/vdr-1.3.20-sc.diff

Next we need to add in a decryption program. On the full featured cards there is a chip on the card to do this in hardware. With the budget cards we need to do this in software. This is part of why you can't play with a 500Mhz machine and a budget card. This is the softcsa patch.

wget http://207.44.152.197/vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff.gz
gunzip vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff.gz
patch -p1 < vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff

Next we'll patch vdr for North America 48 hour and 9 day EPG. VDR can't understand the DN EPG data as it is. This patch will add that ability.

Download eit_dpid-vdr-1.3.18.diff.gz from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to your ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24 directory.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
gunzip eit_dpid-vdr-1.3.18.diff.gz

Now let's patch VDR for the NA EPG data.

patch -p1 < eit_dpid-vdr-1.3.18.diff

Let's get an EPG while we're at it.Download yaepg-0.0.2-1.3.18-19-patched.tar.bz2 from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to your ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/ directory.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src
tar -zxf yaepg-0.0.2-1.3.18-19-patched.tar.gz
ln -s yaepg-0.0.2 yaepg
cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24

Now let's patch VDR for yaepg

patch -p1 < ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/yaepg/patches/vdr-1.3.19-core-yaepg.diff

Finally we need the Xine plugin to be able to pipe the VDR output to Xine to display this on the computer screen. If you have a video card with TV out you can set that up to display the video.

Let's get the Xine plugin:

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/
wget http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.4.tgz
tar -zxf vdr-xine-0.7.4.tgz
ln -s xine-0.7.4 xine
cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24

We need modify the recording portion of VDR to understand NTSC. Without this you can run into A/V sync problems with recordings.

nano -w recording.h

Find the line that reads #define FRAMESPERSEC 25 and change the 25 to 30. Save and close Nano.

Next we will patch xine-lib and xine-ui for the vdr plugin.

cd ~/VDR
patch -d. -p0 < ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/xine/patches/xine-lib.patch
patch -d. -p0 < ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/xine/patches/xine-ui.patch

I'm also going to add a couple more patches. The first fixes VDR's recording replayer to send proper I-frames to a device. It's from the author of the vdr-xine plugin.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
wget http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.24-dvbplayer.patch
patch -d. -p0 < vdr-1.3.24-dvbplayer.patch

The second is also from the vdr-xine author. It fixes an issue with DVD menus. Without this patch you wont see a change to menu selection. It will come in handy if you choose to add the DVD plugin to vdr. If you have no intention of doing so you can skip this patch.

wget http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.18-dvbspu.patch.gz
gunzip vdr-1.3.18-dvbspu.patch.gz
patch -d. -p0 < vdr-1.3.18-dvbspu.patch

We will also need to install the unichrome xvmc wrapper to enable xvmc support in xine. This allows xine to make use of the hardware acceleration built into current nvidia or via video cards. If you use an ATI card you can skip this. Hardware acceleration won't work with them. If you have a via video card you will also have to install the unichrome via drivers. I don't have a via card so I will leave that as an execise for you. Both the wrapper and the drivers are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=102048. At the bottom of the page is the wrapper package. You'll want the latest version. Download the package libXvMCW-0.9.3.tar.gz to the ~/VDR directory. Now let's install it.

cd ~/VDR
tar -zxf libXvMCW-0.9.3.tar.gz
cd libXvMCW-0.9.3
./configure --x-libraries=/usr/lib --x-includes=/usr/include
make
su root
make install
exit

You'll notice I tried to keep the individual plugins etc together. Xine itself couldn't be done that way since we needed both xine-lib and the xine plugin since the patchs were in the plugin source. Now let's build and install them. First off xine-lib.

cd ~/VDR/xine-lib
./autogen.sh --with-xxmc-path=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-xvmc-path=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
make
su root
make install
env-update
exit

What we just did there was run a script to configure the install for our environment (./autogen.sh). usually that would be just ./configure but in this case the authors needed to do more so they created a script. Then we compiled it with make and finally installed the program so it can be used by the rest of the system. Then we updated the system to show the newly installed program. That is a pretty much standard manual install in Linux. If you were to read the INSTALL document in the source directory it would explain what needed to be done to install the software. Now let's do the same with xine-ui.

source /etc/profile
cd ..
cd xine-ui
./autogen.sh --enable-vdr-keys
make
su root
make install
exit

The --enable-vdr-keys creates some special key bindings that xine can pass to vdr for keyboard control. It's tough when you have the display full screen and you want to change the channel since you need the terminal session in the foreground to do that. This allows us to get around that. The only problem is you have to pick keys that Xine isn't using. It gets real confusing fast. This gives you that option though. A remote works much better. Some installs include special switches like this to enable or disable certain features or abilities.

Before we compile vdr, we need to patch the DVB drivers to support yaepg

cd /usr/include/linux/dvb
su root
cp /home/mythtv/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/yaepg/patches/osd.h.diff osd.h.diff
patch -p0 < osd.h.diff
exit

Now, we can compile vdr and vdr-plugins.First we will compile vdr. Make is the command that compiles the source code.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
make REMOTE=LIRC

The REMOTE=LIRC will add in support for LIRC so we can use a remote control with this.

Now we can compile the plugins. Before we do that though we need to make a change to the makefile for the xine plugin. This will enable support for the yaepg plugin.

nano -w ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/xine/Makefile

Look for the line that says: #VDR_XINE_SET_VIDEO_WINDOW = 1 and remove the #. Save and close the file. Now we will now compile the vdr-plugins, with sc being compiled for Nagra.

make plugins NAGRA=1

We just added LIRC support to VDR. I'm not going to go into setting up LIRC here though. I think that's a whole other topic. It involves a little more than just setting up the software. You can find more information at http://www.lirc.org if you would like. Feel free to come here and ask questions if you need to.

We now need to add a video user group and change some permissions so that a non-root user can execute vdr. If you followed the build this should already be done but you should check to make sure.

nano -w /etc/group

locate the group video and add root and your username

video:x:27:root,<username>

If it does not exist, create it as above. Save your changes, log out and then log back in to let the above take effect. If unsure how, just restart your computer.

Now we need to change permissions so that a non-root users belonging to the video group can access the dvb devices.

su root

chgrp -R video /dev/dvb
chmod -R ug+rwx /dev/dvb
exit

What we just did was change the owner to the video group which we are a part of and gave the video group read/write access.

The next task is to configure vdr. The default vdr configuration uses /video as its configuration directory. If you followed the build, you should have a separate partition mounted as /video. If not we need to create a /video directory.

mkdir /video

Next we need to change the permissions so that a non-root users belonging to the video group can access the /video directory

su root
chgrp -R video /video
chmod -R ug+rwx /video
exit

Now we need to copy the required .config files to the /video directory. These are just the defaults but they give us a starting point.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
cp *.conf /video
cp ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/xine-0.7.4/data/noSignal.pes /video/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes

We will now make changes to the .conf files. With the 1.3.x versions of vdr, no changes need to be made to ca.conf. If you have seen an older how-to it will tell you to change this. No need for us.

cd /video

We need to tell vdr what satellites we want to see. Make sure the satellites you are pointed at are in the list. They should be but lets check to make sure.

nano -w sources.conf

# Satellites

S119W Echostar 7
S110W Echostar 6/8
S91W Nimiq 1
S82W Nimiq 2

My configuration uses a DiSEqC switch to recieve 119W on port 0, 110w on port 1, 91w on port 2 and, 82w on port 3. So we will need to modify the diseqc.conf file to reflect that.

nano -w diseqc.conf

# EchoStar 7 - 119W - Port 0
S119.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C0]
S119.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C0]

# EchoStar 6/8 - 110W - Port 1
S110.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C4]
S110.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C4]

# Nimiq 1 - 91W - Port 2
S91.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C8]
S91.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C8]

# Nimiq 2 - 82W - Port 3
S82.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 CC]
S82.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 CC]

If your arrangemnent is different, you will need to modify this accordingly. What you need to change are the numbers in the brackets.

[E0 10 38 C0] is port 0
[E0 10 38 C4] is port 1
[E0 10 38 C8] is port 2
[E0 10 38 CC] is port 3

You will probably want to comment out any satellites you don't see also. Just place a # at the beginning of the line.

setup.conf is normally created when you first start vdr, you can use this template if you like. A few things to take note of though are the LnbFrequHi, LnbFrequLo, and LnbSLOF for circular LNBs, and sc.LoggerActive, sc.LoggerTimeout, sc.Nagra.MinEcmTime, sc.ScCaps for the sc plugin.

nano -w setup.conf

ChannelInfoPos = 1
CurrentChannel = 10101
CurrentVolume = 255
DefaultLifetime = 99
DefaultPriority = 50
DiSEqC = 1
EPGBugfixLevel = 2
EPGLanguages =
EPGLinger = 0
EPGScanTimeout = 5
InstantRecordTime = 180
LnbFrequHi = 11250
LnbFrequLo = 11250
LnbSLOF = 0
MarginStart = 2
MarginStop = 2
MarkInstantRecord = 1
MaxVideoFileSize = 2000
MenuScrollPage = 0
MinEventTimeout = 30
MinUserInactivity = 120
MultiSpeedMode = 1
NameInstantRecord = TITLE EPISODE
OSDHeight = 410
OSDLanguage = 0
OSDLeft = 55
OSDMessageTime = 1
OSDSkin = classic
OSDTheme = default
OSDTop = 30
OSDWidth = 608
PauseLifetime = 1
PausePriority = 10
PrimaryDVB = 1
PrimaryLimit = 0
RecordDolbyDigital = 1
RecordingDirs = 1
ResumeID = 0
SetSystemTime = 0
ShowInfoOnChSwitch = 1
ShowReplayMode = 1
SortTimers = 1
SplitEditedFiles = 1
SVDRPTimeout = 300
TimeSource = S110.0W
TimeTransponder = 412632
UpdateChannels = 3
UseSmallFont = 0
UseSubtitle = 1
UseVps = 0
VideoFormat = 0
VpsMargin = 120
ZapTimeout = 3
sc.LoggerActive = 1
sc.LoggerTimeout = 0
sc.Nagra.MinEcmTime = 400
sc.ScCaps = 1 2

Next we need to generate a channels.conf. This is the weak point of Linux and DVB. A person named Thoraz has modified linux-tv's dvb-apps scan utility. It incorporates fixes necessary for scanning DN satellites. He has a website at http://www.phobos.ca/dvb/ I and other people have had problems with the latest version he has out. I would suggest using the older 1.1.1 version. Feel free to try the newer version if you would like. This will get you going for DN and B*V satellites. A point of interest here, even if you don't get all the channels correct, VDR will auto update your channels as you tune to the different transponders. So as long as you can get one working channel on each transponder you can see in your area, VDR will eventually get a complete list. It's not going to be in any kind of order but they'll all be there.

Let's download and compile Thoraz's modified dvb-apps.

su root
cd /usr/src
wget http://www.phobos.ca/dvb/files/linuxtv- ... .1.tar.bz2
tar xfj linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.1.tar.bz2
cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.1/util/scan
cp nimiq1-91w nimiq2-82w

And now compile the scan utility

make

We can now scan for channels. Each scan takes a LOOONNNGGG time

Scan echostar 119W on diseqc port 0

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 0 -x 1800 -p echostar-119w > channels.conf.119w

Scan echostar 110W on diseqc port 1

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 1 -x 1800 -p echostar-110w > channels.conf.110w

Scan nimiq1 91W on dieqc port 2

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 2 -x 1234 -p nimiq1-91w > channels.conf.91w

Scan nimiq2 82W on diseqc port3

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 3 -x 1234 -p nimiq2-82w > channels.conf.82w

If your dish(es) are set up differently. you will need to change the -s value to match the port your setup uses. 0 is port 1, 1 is port 2 etc.

Combine the scanned channels.conf files

cat channels.conf.119w channels.conf.110w channels.conf.91w channels.conf.82w > channels.conf.merged

Convert to vdr 1.3.x channels.conf format

./convert_to_vdr_1.3 channels.conf.merged > channels.conf

And finally, place our channels.conf into our vdr .conf directory

cp channels.conf /video/channels.conf

You will probably find channels that don't work. You are probably going to spend a lot of time sorting thru this file trying to make it work. What I ultimately ended up doing was exporting the information from my MyTheatre database and building the file from scratch. I only used my favorites and I was able to order them as I chose. VDR will then keep them updated and will add in the ones I didn't. From that respect it is rather nice but it is a lot of manual work. Quite frankly, I don't know a good way of doing this. If anyone has a better idea please speak up.

We are now ready to configure sc. Exit back to your user.

The first and formost issue with sc is having the correct RSA keys for each provider id in your SoftCam.Keys file. Since we are using the latest version of sc, your windows file will not work. To date I have not found a working SoftCam.Keys file for Linux on the web. I'm not sure I want to be the guy that explains the magic trick here if you know what I mean. I will try to point you in the right direction though. In the al7bar.tk PCI-DVB forum is a sticky that explains how to create your own SoftCam.Key file. It works. To illustrate I will start you down the path.

What I did was gather a few bin or bn3, bn10, etc files and started following the procedure. http://maestra.tv is a good place to look for bin files. I took the generated keys from Nagraedit and added them to a text file like this.

Dish Rom3

PK0= 9B...BD
PK1= 61...1E
PK2= 10...C4
V= 56...CF
Pub Key 0= 06...45
Pub Key 1= C2...2A

I then took those values an plugged them into EMMstudio and added these entries to the file.

PK0= 9B...BD
P1= 83...FE
P2= E1...BC
N1= 23...BB
E1= 2B...7C
N2= 33...C3
PUB KEY 00= 06...45
PUB KEY 01= C2...2A
V= 56...CF

PK1= 61...1E
P1= F7...9E
P2= 81...E0
N1= 77...8B
E1= AB...5C
N2= 33...C3
PUB KEY 0= 06...45
PUB KEY 1= C2...2A
V= 56...CF

Etc. Repeat for provider 0101. Do the same for B*V if you need to with providers 0801 and 0901.

The first big question I had was are my files valid. If they are, you will generate the same keys with this process that you have in your Windows file for one of the parity keys. There is only one active at a time. The Windows file only supplies the currently active keys. At the time of this writing 0001 PK2, 0101 PK0 0801 PK0 and, 0901 PK0 are the active keys. For this you need all of the keys though.

If you are looking at Bev, there is no N2 key in the EMMStudio database. That's not a problem though. You have a N2 key available to you. Look at the DN N2 keys as you go thru the process. You'll notice a pattern. The same applies to BEV. Take a close look at the BEV keys in your windows file. It shouldn't be too hard to fill in the blanks.

I will give you a nice outline to start from, but you are on your own for the rest.

cd /video
mkdir plugins
cd plugins
nano -w SoftCam.Key
(Watch the name of this file. The caps need to be there.)

N 0001 00
N 0001 01
N 0001 E1 PK0
N 0001 N1 PK0
N 0001 N2 PK0
N 0001 E1 PK1
N 0001 N1 PK1
N 0001 N2 PK1
N 0001 E1 PK2
N 0001 N1 PK2
N 0001 N2 PK2
N 0001 V

N 0001 00
N 0001 01
N 0101 E1 PK0
N 0101 N1 PK0
N 0101 N2 PK0
N 0101 V

Continue on with 0801 and 0901 if you are pointed at B*V.

Now we need to create a nagra directory to contain a couple of other files to allow sc to autoroll the video decryption keys.

mkdir nagra

You need to place within this directory two files:

ROM3.bin and eep3_00.bin

These files can be located in the Windows Fenrir package. It has the files you need. They are called rom3.bin and EEP3.bin within Fenrir. Rename and copy them to /video/plugins/nagra/ directory.

Now, if I didn't steer you wrong and things went as planned we're ready to start VDR.

When vdr starts, it will first create a remote.conf. By default, a keyboard configuration is always created to allow control of vdr. We have installed support for LIRC to also allow us to use a LIRc compatible remote. If you don't have LIRC set up at this point don't worry you can still control this with the keyboard. You can add the remote configuration later by deleting the /video/remote.conf file and starting VDR. It will run thru the remote setup like it was the first time it was run.

First off open a second terminal session. You need one for VDR and one for Xine. First start Xine

xine

Now start VDR in the other terminal session.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
./vdr -Psc -Pyaepg -Pxine

Now click on the VDR button in the xine control window. You should now see VDR's remote configuration dialog going. Run thru that. If you don't have a remote yet just setup the keyboard commands. You need to be fairly quick between starting Xine, VDR, and pointing Xine to VDR with the button. The configuration dialog does time out and you will be left with a nifty NO SIGNAL screen and no controls. If that happens, shut VDR down and try again. CTRL+C is what shuts VDR down BTW.

Let's set up an alias so you don't have to type so much to get this going. To do this you need to edit the .bashrc file. You will find this in your home directory.

nano -w ~/.bashrc

Add and alias entry to slow the typing down.

alias vdrysx="./vdr -Pyaepg -Psc -Pxine"

Save and close the file Log out and back in for this to take effect.

Now do this to start VDR, open a terminal window amd.

cd ~/vdr-1.3.19
vdrysx

Remember you have to start Xine also.

That pretty much concludes this installation. If you find any errors or problems please come back here and let us know so we can make this right.

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 19:58 
Dodal bi to, da si je dobro pred nastavitvijo prebrat članek
o sami instalaciji Gentoo Install Guide for Gentoo 2005.1
http://www.curious-contraptions.com/for ... php?t=7731
Imam pa nekaj težav z namestitvijo zgoraj omenjene SS2.
Sem popoln novinec v Linuxu. Namestitev mi je uspela v drugem poskusu,
tudi z X nisem imel preveč težav namestil pa sem še Gnome desktop vse po
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml.

1.Napaka
Before we compile vdr, we need to patch the DVB drivers to support yaepg

#cp /home/damijan/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/yaepg/patches/osd.h.diff osd.h.diff
#patch -p0 < osd.h.diff
#patching file osd.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 92.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file osd.h.rej

2.Napaka
Now we need to copy the required .config files to the /video directory.
These are just the defaults but they give us a starting point.

#cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24
#cp *.conf /video
#cp ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.24/PLUGINS/src/xine-0.7.4/data/noSignal.pes /video/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes

Mislim, da se je izpisalo da ni direktorija /plugins/xine/ pa sem jih potem sam ustvaru in potem
ponovil 3 ukaz. Ne vem če je to prav, ker se mi zdi, da bi se moral direktoriji sami ustvart,
razn če je to napaka v navodilu.

3.Napaka
#./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 0 -x 1800 -p echostar-119w > channels.conf.119w
imam Astro in HB vem da moraš na koncu zamenjat echostar... sam kar koli sem dodal ni šlo.

Tole sem mal po svoje dodal sam pa zalaufa in napiše:

#./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 0 -x 1800 -p dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > channels.conf.192E
scanning dvb-s/Astra-19.2E
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
t=0x80531c0 initial transponder 12551500 V 22000000 5
>>> tune to: 12551:v:S0.0W:22000:
DiSEqC: switch pos 0, 13V, loband (index 0)
__tune_to_transponder: f=1301500 inv=2 sr=22000000 fec=5
>>> tuning status == 0x03
>>> tuning status == 0x01
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>>> tune to: 12551:v:S0.0W:22000: (tuning failed)
DiSEqC: switch pos 0, 13V, loband (index 0)
__tune_to_transponder: f=1301500 inv=2 sr=22000000 fec=5
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
ERROR: initial tuning failed
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

Ă

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 20:39 
namestitev gre priblizno takole, pri prejsnem clanku je misljena skystar 2 za ameriski nacin sprejema dvb. Sam ne obupat ob prvem poskusu namestitve, se splaca mal pomatrat.

modprobe skystar2

DVB: registering new adapter (Technisat SkyStar2 driver)

modprobe stv0299

probe_tuner: try to attach to Technisat SkyStar2 driver
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stv0299.c: setup for tuner Samsung TBMU24112IMB
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...

$wget http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/lin ... .0.tar.bz2
$tar jxfvp linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0.tar.bz2
$cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0
$make
$cd util/scan/
$./scan

$./scan dvb-s/Hotbird-13.0E

$./scan -s 0 dvb-s/Astra-19.2E >/video/moja-lista.conf

{$home}/./mplayer/channels.conf {$home}/./xine/channels.conf

mplayer dvb://

xine dvb://

cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/szap
./szap -c /video/moja-lista.conf -n 1 -r

reading channels from file '/video/moja-lista.conf'
zapping to 220 'ITALIAN MUSIC;OIV Zagreb':
sat 0, frequency = 12303 MHz V, symbolrate 27500000, vpid = 0x04d0, apid = 0x04d1
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
status 01 | signal a404 | snr 8a4b | ber 00008e18 | unc 00000000 |
status 1f | signal b16f | snr c2c4 | ber 000007df | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
[...]

$mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

cd /video
wget http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/lin ... .1.tar.bz2
wget ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.3.22.tar.bz2

wget http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.2.tgz
wget -b http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-lib- ... 00.tar.bz2
wget http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-ui-c ... 00.tar.bz2

wget http://207.44.152.197/vdr-sc-0.4.4.tar.gz
wget http://207.44.152.197/vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff.gz

gunzip vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff.gz
tar zxfvp vdr-sc-0.4.4.tar.gz
tar zxfvp vdr-xine-0.7.2.tgz
find . -name '*.bz2' -exec tar jxfvp {} \;

mv linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 DVB
mv vdr-1.3.22 vdr

mv sc-0.4.4/ vdr/PLUGINS/src/sc
mv xine-0.7.2/ vdr/PLUGINS/src/xine

cd vdr
patch -p1 <../vdr-1.3.1-softcsa-0.0.8.diff
patch -p1 <PLUGINS/src/sc/patches/vdr-1.3.20-sc.diff

cd ..
patch -p0 <vdr/PLUGINS/src/xine/patches/xine-lib.patch
patch -p0 <vdr/PLUGINS/src/xine/patches/xine-ui.patch

DVBDIR = /usr/src/linux

apt-get build-dep xine-lib
apt-get build-dep xine-ui

cd /video/xine-lib
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make -k
make install

cd ../xine-ui
./autogen.sh --enable-vdr-keys

make
make install

cd ../vdr
make CPUOPT=athlon-xp UNROLL=3 INLINE=0 BCTYPE=1

make plugins IRDETO=1 SECA=1 VIACCESS=1 NAGRA=1 DBG=1

cd /video/vdr/
find . -name '*conf' -exec cp {} /video/ \;

cd /video/vdr
./vdr -P"xine -r"

SetVolumeDevice: 255
SetPlayMode: 1
.M:

cat /var/log/messagess:

VDR version 1.3.12 started
loading plugin: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-xine.so.1.3.12
loading /video/setup.conf
loading /video/sources.conf
loading /video/diseqc.conf
loading /video/channels.conf
loading /video/timers.conf
loading /video/svdrphosts.conf
loading /video/ca.conf
loading /video/keymacros.conf
found 1 video device
initializing plugin: xine (0.5.0): Software based playback using xine
setting primary device to 2
SVDRP listening on port 2001
starting plugin: xine
loading /video/themes/sttng-default.theme
switching to channel 1

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1,

xine vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

Alt+k
Xine Alt+F4.

# ls -R plugins/
plugins/:
nagra seca SoftCam.Key xine
plugins/nagra:
eep10_71.bin eep2.bin eep7_71.bin ROM11.bin ROM3.bin
eep11_71.bin eep3_71.bin ROM10.bin ROM2.bin ROM7.bin
plugins/seca:
s2_hash_0064.bin s2_hash_0067.bin s2_mt_0064.bin s2_mt_0067.bin
s2_hash_0065.bin s2_hash_0070.bin s2_mt_0065.bin s2_mt_0070.bin
plugins/xine:
noSignal.pes

./vdr -P"xine -r" -Psc

plainkeys: registering key type V (super)
loaders: registering loader Viaccess
systems: registering CA system Viaccess, pri -10
plainkeys: registering key type Z
systems: registering CA system @SHL, pri -10
plainkeys: registering key type S (super)
loaders: registering loader Seca
systems: registering CA system Seca, pri -10
plainkeys: registering key type N (super)
systems: registering CA system Nagra, pri -10
plainkeys: registering key type I
loaders: registering loader Irdeto
systems: registering CA system Irdeto, pri -10
plainkeys: registering key type C (super)
loaders: registering loader ECM
loaders: registering loader KEY
plainkeyvia: bad key format 'V 008400 08 CB93C4146EBBFO65; Arabesque (Via1)'
nagrakey: bad key format 'N 0801 AU F6FBF158308EDB8A; ExpressVu'
plainkeys: loaded 537 keys from /video/plugins/SoftCam.Key
cardinfo: loaded 0 Irdeto cards from /video/plugins/Ird-Beta.KID
cardinfo: loaded 0 Seca cards from /video/plugins/Seca.KID
cardinfo: loaded 0 Viaccess cards from /video/plugins/Viaccess.KID
softcam: ScCaps are 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SetVolumeDevice: 250
.M:

SetPlayMode: 0
softcam 0: check ProvidesCa: 0100 -> n=1
softcam 0: setting new SID 30057, source 88c0, transponder 33899
ecmcache: from cache: system S**** (0100) id 0064 with ecm 5f8
softcam 0: got CaDescriptors (len=34)
softcam 0: descriptor 01 00 e5 f8 00 64 7f 1d 95 0b ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff e5 fb 00 64 ff 10 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 1d 34
softcam 0: found 0100 (Seca) id 0064 with ecm 5f8 (already present)
softcam 0: found 0100 (Seca) id 0064 with ecm 5fb (new)
softcam 0: try system S***** (0100) id 0064 with ecm 5f8 (cached) (pri=-10)
softcam 0: started logger sys=0x0100 id=0x64
system: using key S 64 0d 4AA46D7E229C5224
softcam 0: correct key found
softcam 0: started logger sys=0x0100 id=0x64
softcam 0: receive mode detected

#!/bin/sh
cd /video/vdr/
killall vdr
killall -9 vdr
killall xine
killall -9 xine
#modprobe -r skystar2
#modprobe -r stv0299
#modprobe skystar2
#modprobe stv0299
/video/vdr/vdr -P"xine -r" -Psc -L /video/vdr/PLUGINS &
sleep 3
xine vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
killall vdr
killall xine

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 21:24 
Ma ni govora o obupanju sam ful navdušen na Gentoojem, ko se zatakne je pač pol problem,
ker na unmu forumu je ful težko kej pametnega najdet.
A pol pobrišem dir /Video in dir /VDR al sam dodam kaj si napisal. Mislim vsebino ne dir

#modprobe skystar2
FATAL: Module skystar2 not found

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 21:31 
ok zdej da vkljuces podporo za skystar mores ponavadi prevesti jedro in v jedru vkljuciti podporo za skystar 2. Lahko pa da imas ze nalozene module za skystar 2.

preveris stanje

#lsmod

Ali zberes da sledis prejsnemu clanku prilagodis samo tisto kar rabis ostalo spustis iz instalacije ven.

Prilagam se novejso vezijo

VDR for Budget Cards On Gentoo SC 0.5.0, softdevice and, VDR 1.3.34

This how-to is intended for those using a budget card. These are cards like the VP1020A, 102G, SS2 and, Nova series of cards. I have a VP1020A and a SS2 so the kernel configs for those will be here. The 102G uses the same driver so follow along for the VP1020A. The setup for the budget cards isn't as elegant as the full featured cards.There is no hardware mpeg decoder so we have to add that ability to our machine.

Start by opening a terminal window in KDE. That's K-> System-> Terminal Program (Konsole) for those that haven't found it yet. To do the first of this we need root privledges. So:

su root
Enter your root password

The first thing you should do is make sure your system is up to date. This is kind of like going to the Windows Update website. Unfortunately Linux has security problems just like Windows. Unlike Windows Update this will also update installed applications also. It's a good idea to do this occasionally. It's a simple process and and it won't require a reboot if you don't recompile the kernel. That's the only time you need to reboot a Linux machine.

Anyway, to do this we need to get the latest portage snapshot first so,

emerge --sync

This will get the updated list of applications and sytem files. Next,

emerge -vuDp world

The options go like this v=verbose, u=updates, D=deep dependency scan, p=pretend and, world=the entire system. The upper case D does make a difference. That will give you a list of what has been updated for your system. Look it over to make sure everything looks right. Then really do it.

emerge -vuD world

If by chance you get a kernel update as part of the process, you will need to update the linux link in /usr/src. To do that do this:

cd /usr/src
ls -l

Look at the current link. If it's not pointing to the latest version of your kernel sources do this:

rm linux
ln -s <new kernel directory> linux

That will make the latest sources the current sources for rebuilding the kernel which we will be doing in a couple minutes.

My past guides have used the CVS version of the drivers. I'm going to be a bit more conservative in this one and stick with the kernel drivers. We should be at kernel version 2.6.12 or better and the drivers are pretty good.

We need to make a change to the kernel drivers for NA users (BEV and DN). To prevent the dvb_frontend from going to sleep. This may already be done but let's be sure.

nano -w /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c

look for the line that says:

static int dvb_shutdown_timeout = 5;

change it to:

static int dvb_shutdown_timeout = 0;

Save and close.

For those that don't understand what you just did, you just modified the drivers that will be used. You just changed the C code and in a minute we will compile it into a working driver. It's actually pretty cool that we can do this in Linux. If it doesn't work quite like you would like, you can change it.

We are now ready to build our kernel. I suggest you use genkernel, but either way, we must ensure that a few things are enabled in the kernel before it is compiled.

genkernel --menuconfig all

Code maturity level options --->
[*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers
[ ] Select only drivers expected to compile cleanly

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Generic Driver Options --->
[ ] Select only drivers that don't need compile-time external firmware
[ ] Prevent firmware from being built
<M> Hotplug firmware loading support

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Input device support --->
--- Mouse interface
[*] Provide legacy /dev/psaux device
(1024) Horizontal screen resolution
(768) Vertical screen resolution
< > Joystick interface
< > Touchscreen interface
<M> Event interface
< > Event debugging

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
I2C support --->
<M> I2C support
<M> I2C device interface
I2C Algorithms --->

--- snip ---

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
<M> Video For Linux
Video For Linux --->
Radio Adapters --->

--- snip ---

This is the setup for a Skystar 2 card. If you have a VP1020 ignore this and move to the next --snip--.

[*] DVB For Linux
<M> DVB Core Support
< > AV7110 cards (NEW)
< > Budget cards (NEW)
< > Support for various USB DVB devices (NEW)
<M> Technisat/B2C2 FlexCopII(b) and FlexCopIII adapters
<M> Technisat/B2C2 Air/Sky/Cable2PC PCI
< > Technisat/B2C2 Air/Sky/Cable2PC USB (NEW)
[ ] Enable debug for the B2C2 FlexCop drivers (NEW)
< > Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards (NEW)
--- Supported Pluto2 Adapters
< > Pluto2 cards (NEW)

--- snip ---

For a VP1020 setup. It is a bit different than the other cards since it uses a combination of the bttv drivers and the linuxtv drivers. If you have a SS2 skip ahead to the second snip.

Device Drivers --->
Multimedia devices --->
Video For Linux --->
--- Video Adapters
<M> BT848 Video For Linux
< > Mediavision Pro Movie Studio Video For Linux (NEW)

--- snip ---

[*] DVB For Linux
<M> DVB Core Support
< > AV7110 cards (NEW)
< > Budget cards (NEW)
< > Support for various USB DVB devices (NEW)
--- Supported FlexCopII (B2C2) Adapters <M> Technisat/B2C2 Air/Sky/Cable2PC PCI
< > Technisat/B2C2 Air/Sky/Cable2PC USB (NEW)
[ ] Enable debug for the B2C2 FlexCop drivers (NEW)

< > Technisat/B2C2 FlexCopII(b) and FlexCopIII adapters
<M> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards (NEW)
--- Supported Pluto2 Adapters
< > Pluto2 cards (NEW)

--- snip ---

Once the kernel has sucessfully compiled, rename you kernel, initrd and, System.map files like we did during the Gentoo install so you know which you're using.For those that missed it, I add a date and version to the end of the files. Something like -MM.DD.VV. That's month (MM), day(DD) and, version(VV). That way the next compile won't overwrite things if you need to back up.

If you are using a Twinhan card you will also need to add the dvb driver to the autoload script. For some, unknown at this time, reason coldplug loads everything but the dvb driver itself for those cards.So, only if you are running a Twinhan card, do this:

nano -w /etc/autoload.d/kernel-2.6
dvb-bt8xx //add this to the file

Save and close the file. Then add a new entry into your grub.conf file. This offers you a menu at boot and allows you to easily drop back to the old kernel if something happens to break. Re-emerge any kernel modules (nvidia-kernel, alsa-driver, lirc). Reboot and log back in as your user.

Let's make a place to put this. Create a new directory in your home directory called VDR. The ~ is a shortcut for /home/<your user>

mkdir ~/VDR
cd ~/VDR

We will now download and install vdr with sc, softcsa, yaepg and, softdevice. This is best done as a non-root user. Download the VDR source code.

wget ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.3.34.tar.bz2
tar -jxf vdr-1.3.34.tar.bz2

Download and install vdr-sc. This is the heart of the decryption. Without this all you'll be watching is NASA.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/
wget http://207.44.152.197/vdr-sc-0.5.0.tar.gz
tar -zxf vdr-sc-0.5.0.tar.gz
ln -s sc-0.5.0 sc

The last line creates a symbolic link between sc and sc-0.5.0. That way VDR only needs to know that sc is a valid plugin and you can keep track of which version you have. So when sc-0.5.0 comes out all you need to do is change the link to point to the new directory and recompile the plugins. If the new version doesn't work for you for some reason you can change the link back and be back where you started.

VDR needs a little help to understand how to communicate with sc. So we will use a patch provided with sc to modify the VDR source code.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
patch -p1 < ./PLUGINS/src/sc/patches/vdr-1.3.30-sc.diff

Next we need to add in a decryption program. On the full featured cards there is a chip on the card to do this in hardware. With the budget cards we need to do this in software. This is part of why you can't play with a 500Mhz machine and a budget card. This is the softcsa patch. Download vdr-1.3.33-softcsa-0.1.0.diff.gz from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34.

gunzip vdr-1.3.33-softcsa-0.1.0.diff.gz
patch -p1 < vdr-1.3.33-softcsa-0.1.0.diff

SC itself also needs a couple fixes for NA use.Download sc-0.5.0-na-system-nagra.diff.gz from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to your ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/sc directory.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/sc
gunzip sc-0.5.0-na-system-nagra.diff.gz
patch -p0 < sc-0.5.0-na-system-nagra.diff

Next we'll patch vdr for North America 48 hour and 9 day EPG. VDR can't understand the DN EPG data as it is. This patch will add that ability.

Download vdr-1.3.33-DN-EIT0.3.diff.gz from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to your ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34 directory.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
gunzip vdr-1.3.33-DN-EIT0.3.diff.gz
patch -p1 < vdr-1.3.33-DN-EIT0.3.diff

Let's get an EPG while we're at it.Download yaepg-0.0.2.1.tar.gz from the files topic in http://www.curious-contraptions.com Linux HTPC forum to your ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/ directory.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src
tar -zxf yaepg-0.0.2.1.tar.gz
ln -s yaepg-0.0.2.1 yaepg
cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34

Now let's patch VDR for yaepg

patch -p1 < ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/yaepg-0.0.2.1/patches/vdr-1.3.33-core-yaepg.diff

Finally we need the Softdevice plugin to be able to pipe the VDR output to your PC display this on the computer screen.

Let's get the Softdevice plugin:

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/
wget http://download.berlios.de/softdevice/v ... -0.2.0.tgz
tar -zxf vdr-softdevice-0.2.0.tgz
ln -s softdevice-0.2.0 softdevice
cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34

We need modify the recording portion of VDR to understand NTSC. Without this you can run into A/V sync problems with recordings.

nano -w recording.h

Find the line that reads #define FRAMESPERSEC 25 and change the 25 to 30. Save and close Nano.

We will also need to install the unichrome xvmc wrapper to enable xvmc support in Softdevice. This allows xine to make use of the hardware acceleration built into current nvidia or via video cards. If you use an ATI card you can skip this. Hardware acceleration won't work with them. If you have a via video card you will also have to install the unichrome via drivers. I don't have a via card so I will leave that as an execise for you. Both the wrapper and the drivers are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=102048. At the bottom of the page is the wrapper package. You'll want the latest version. Download the package libXvMCW-0.9.3.tar.gz to the ~/VDR directory. Now let's install it.

cd ~/VDR
tar -zxf libXvMCW-0.9.3.tar.gz
cd libXvMCW-0.9.3
./configure --x-libraries=/usr/lib --x-includes=/usr/include
make
su root
make install
exit

Now, we can compile vdr and vdr-plugins.First we will compile vdr. Make is the command that compiles the source code.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
make REMOTE=LIRC

The REMOTE=LIRC will add in support for LIRC so we can use a remote control with this.

Before we compile the plugins we need to set things up for Softdevice. For Gentoo, you will need to upgrade ffmpeg for this. We'll need to get the testing version. To do that we need to add it to the package.keywords file. To do that:

su
nano -w /etc/portage/package.keywords

Add:

media-video/ffmpeg ~x86
media-libs/xvid ~x86

Then:

emerge ffmpeg

The xvid entry is a dependency for ffmpeg. For those with other distros, make sure ffmpeg is installed with the newest you can find. With ffmpeg installed we need to configure softdevice.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34/PLUGINS/src/softdevice
./configure

Now we can compile the plugins.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
make plugins NAGRA=1

We just added LIRC support to VDR. I'm not going to go into setting up LIRC here though. I think that's a whole other topic. It involves a little more than just setting up the software. You can find more information at http://www.lirc.org if you would like. Feel free to come here and ask questions if you need to.

We now need to add a video user group and change some permissions so that a non-root user can execute vdr. If you followed the build this should already be done but you should check to make sure.

nano -w /etc/group

locate the group video and add root and your username

video:x:27:root,<username>

If it does not exist, create it as above. Save your changes, log out and then log back in to let the above take effect. If unsure how, just restart your computer.

Now we may need to change permissions so that a non-root users belonging to the video group can access the dvb devices.If you are current with Gentoo you'll be using UDEV. That should take care of this for you automatically. If you're still using DEVFS you will have to do this.

su root

chgrp -R video /dev/dvb
chmod -R ug+rwx /dev/dvb
exit

What we just did was change the owner to the video group which we are a part of and gave the video group read/write access.

The next task is to configure vdr. The default vdr configuration uses /video as its configuration directory. If you followed the build, you should have a separate partition mounted as /video. If not we need to create a /video directory along with a directory under it.

mkdir /video
mkdir /video/plugins

Next we need to change the permissions so that a non-root users belonging to the video group can access the /video directory

su root
chgrp -R video /video
chmod -R ug+rwx /video
exit

Now we need to copy the required .config files to the /video directory. These are just the defaults but they give us a starting point.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
cp *.conf /video

We will now make changes to the .conf files. With the 1.3.x versions of vdr, no changes need to be made to ca.conf. If you have seen an older how-to it will tell you to change this. No need for us.

cd /video

We need to tell vdr what satellites we want to see. Make sure the satellites you are pointed at are in the list. They should be but lets check to make sure.I'm including the BEV sats but they are currently unavailable. They may become available in the future so I am leaving them in.At the time of this writing you can ignore the 91 and 82 sats.

nano -w sources.conf

# Satellites

S119W Echostar 7
S110W Echostar 6/8
S91W Nimiq 1
S82W Nimiq 2

My configuration uses a DiSEqC switch to recieve 119W on port 0, 110w on port 1, 91w on port 2 and, 82w on port 3. So we will need to modify the diseqc.conf file to reflect that.

nano -w diseqc.conf

# EchoStar 7 - 119W - Port 0
S119.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C0]
S119.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C0]

# EchoStar 6/8 - 110W - Port 1
S110.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C4]
S110.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C4]

# Nimiq 1 - 91W - Port 2
S91.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 C8]
S91.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 C8]

# Nimiq 2 - 82W - Port 3
S82.0W 99999 V 11250 t v W15 [E0 10 38 CC]
S82.0W 99999 H 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 CC]

If your arrangemnent is different, you will need to modify this accordingly. What you need to change are the numbers in the brackets.

[E0 10 38 C0] is port 0
[E0 10 38 C4] is port 1
[E0 10 38 C8] is port 2
[E0 10 38 CC] is port 3

You will probably want to comment out any satellites you don't see also. Just place a # at the beginning of the line.

setup.conf is normally created when you first start vdr, you can use this template if you like. A few things to take note of though are the LnbFrequHi, LnbFrequLo, and LnbSLOF for circular LNBs, and sc.LoggerActive, sc.LoggerTimeout, sc.Nagra.MinEcmTime, sc.ScCaps for the sc plugin.

nano -w setup.conf

ChannelInfoPos = 1
CurrentChannel = 10101
CurrentVolume = 255
DefaultLifetime = 99
DefaultPriority = 50
DiSEqC = 1
EPGBugfixLevel = 2
EPGLanguages =
EPGLinger = 0
EPGScanTimeout = 5
InstantRecordTime = 180
LnbFrequHi = 11250
LnbFrequLo = 11250
LnbSLOF = 0
MarginStart = 2
MarginStop = 2
MarkInstantRecord = 1
MaxVideoFileSize = 2000
MenuScrollPage = 0
MinEventTimeout = 30
MinUserInactivity = 120
MultiSpeedMode = 1
NameInstantRecord = TITLE EPISODE
OSDHeight = 410
OSDLanguage = 0
OSDLeft = 55
OSDMessageTime = 1
OSDSkin = classic
OSDTheme = default
OSDTop = 30
OSDWidth = 608
PauseLifetime = 1
PausePriority = 10
PrimaryDVB = 1
PrimaryLimit = 0
RecordDolbyDigital = 1
RecordingDirs = 1
ResumeID = 0
SetSystemTime = 0
ShowInfoOnChSwitch = 1
ShowReplayMode = 1
SortTimers = 1
SplitEditedFiles = 1
SVDRPTimeout = 300
TimeSource = S110.0W
TimeTransponder = 412632
UpdateChannels = 3
UseSmallFont = 0
UseSubtitle = 1
UseVps = 0
VideoFormat = 0
VpsMargin = 120
ZapTimeout = 3
sc.LoggerActive = 1
sc.LoggerTimeout = 0
sc.Nagra.MinEcmTime = 400
sc.ScCaps = 1 2

Next we need to generate a channels.conf. This is the weak point of Linux and DVB. A person named Thoraz has modified linux-tv's dvb-apps scan utility. It incorporates fixes necessary for scanning DN satellites. He has a website at http://www.phobos.ca/dvb/ There are 2 versions there and I'm going to go through both of them. One can work better than the other on a given day. 1.1.2 is much faster but can give bad lists. A point of interest here, even if you don't get all the channels correct, VDR will auto update your channels as you tune to the different transponders. So as long as you can get one working channel on each transponder you can see in your area, VDR will eventually get a complete list. It's not going to be in any kind of order but they'll all be there.

Let's download and compile Thoraz's modified dvb-apps. We'll start with 1.1.2.

su root
cd /usr/src
wget http://www.phobos.ca/dvb/files/linuxtv- ... .2.tar.bz2
tar -xfj linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.2.tar.bz2
cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.2/util/scan
cp nimiq1-91w nimiq2-82w

make

We can now scan for channels.

./dvbscan -G -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -s 0 -x 1801 -p dvb-s/echostar-119w > channels.conf.119w

./dvbscan -G -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -s 1 -x 1801 -p dvb-s/echostar-110w > channels.conf.110w

./dvbscan -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -s 2 -x 1234 -R 2 -p dvb-s/Nimiq1-91.0W > channels.conf.91w

./dvbscan -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -s 2 -x 1234 -R 2 -p dvb-s/Nimiq2-82.0W > channels.conf.82w

If your dish(es) are set up differently. you will need to change the -s value to match the port your setup uses. 0 is port 1, 1 is port 2 etc.

cat channels.conf.119w channels.conf.110w channels.conf.91w channels.conf.82w > channels.conf.merged

At this point I would look through that file and make sure there are no garbage lines. It happens.Remove any of those. At this point I would go through this same process with the v1.1.1 set of utilities. You don't have to do this but, I would want the best possible list I could have.I'm going to run through it here since the commands change slightly.

cd /usr/src
wget http://www.phobos.ca/dvb/files/linuxtv- ... .1.tar.bz2
tar -xfj linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.1.tar.bz2
cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-na-1.1.1/util/scan
cp nimiq1-91w nimiq2-82w

make

We can now scan for channels.

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 0 -x 1800 -p echostar-119w > channels.conf.119w

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 1 -x 1800 -p echostar-110w > channels.conf.110w

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 2 -x 1234 -p nimiq1-91w > channels.conf.91w

./dvbscan -v -lDBS -o vdr -e 3 -5 -s 3 -x 1234 -p nimiq2-82w > channels.conf.82w

The same advice for a different switch setup applies.

Now I would also go through this list looking for garbage like you did the last. Now compare the file size. The bigger one is the better one. If they're the same congratulations pick either one. The next step is to get the channels in order.

I have a modified version of the convert script that I put together. I like it better in that it sets the RID to the SID and adds the correct decrytion IDs. You can find that in the same place as the patches.You can also use the script included with the utilities. It's your choice. If you use mine you need to download it and save it to the scan directory of the list you intend to use. If not, Thoraz' script is there. Change to the appropriate directory.

./convert_to_vdr_1.3 channels.conf.merged > channels.conf

And finally, place our channels.conf into our vdr .conf directory

cp channels.conf /video/channels.conf

Now we need to give our user rights to this file.

chgrp -R video /video/channels.conf
chmod -R ug+rwx /video/channels.conf

You will probably find channels that don't work. You may have to spend some time with this file to get all the channels working. Lyngsat is a good source for PIDs and SIDs. Quite frankly, I don't know a better way of doing this. If anyone has a better idea please speak up.

We are now ready to configure sc. Exit back to your user.

The first and formost issue with sc is having the correct RSA keys for each provider id in your SoftCam.Keys file. I'm going to leave the below portion just for historical purposes and there are a few N1 channels out there. You really don't need to go through this unless you really want to watch the pirate channels. The section labeled as N1 can be skipped.

*********************N1**********************

Since we are using the latest version of sc, your windows file will not work. To date I have not found a working SoftCam.Keys file for Linux on the web. I'm not sure I want to be the guy that explains the magic trick here if you know what I mean. I will try to point you in the right direction though. In the al7bar.tk PCI-DVB forum is a sticky that explains how to create your own SoftCam.Key file. It works. To illustrate I will start you down the path.

What I did was gather a few bin or bn3, bn10, etc files and started following the procedure. http://maestra.tv is a good place to look for bin files. I took the generated keys from Nagraedit and added them to a text file like this.

Dish Rom3

PK0= 9B...BD
PK1= 61...1E
PK2= 10...C4
V= 56...CF
Pub Key 0= 06...45
Pub Key 1= C2...2A

I then took those values an plugged them into EMMstudio and added these entries to the file.

PK0= 9B...BD
P1= 83...FE
P2= E1...BC
N1= 23...BB
E1= 2B...7C
N2= 33...C3
PUB KEY 00= 06...45
PUB KEY 01= C2...2A
V= 56...CF

PK1= 61...1E
P1= F7...9E
P2= 81...E0
N1= 77...8B
E1= AB...5C
N2= 33...C3
PUB KEY 0= 06...45
PUB KEY 1= C2...2A
V= 56...CF

Etc. Repeat for provider 0101. Do the same for B*V if you need to with providers 0801 and 0901.

The first big question I had was are my files valid. If they are, you will generate the same keys with this process that you have in your Windows file for one of the parity keys. There is only one active at a time. The Windows file only supplies the currently active keys. At the time of this writing 0001 PK2, 0101 PK0 0801 PK0 and, 0901 PK0 are the active keys. For this you need all of the keys though.

If you are looking at Bev, there is no N2 key in the EMMStudio database. That's not a problem though. You have a N2 key available to you. Look at the DN N2 keys as you go thru the process. You'll notice a pattern. The same applies to BEV. Take a close look at the BEV keys in your windows file. It shouldn't be too hard to fill in the blanks.

I will give you a nice outline to start from, but you are on your own for the rest.

cd /video
mkdir plugins
cd plugins
nano -w SoftCam.Key
(Watch the name of this file. The caps need to be there.)

N 0001 00
N 0001 01
N 0001 E1 PK0
N 0001 N1 PK0
N 0001 N2 PK0
N 0001 E1 PK1
N 0001 N1 PK1
N 0001 N2 PK1
N 0001 E1 PK2
N 0001 N1 PK2
N 0001 N2 PK2
N 0001 V

N 0001 00
N 0001 01
N 0101 E1 PK0
N 0101 N1 PK0
N 0101 N2 PK0
N 0101 V

Continue on with 0801 and 0901 if you are pointed at B*V.

Now we need to create a nagra directory to contain a couple of other files to allow sc to autoroll the video decryption keys.

mkdir nagra

You need to place within this directory two files:

ROM3.bin and eep3_00.bin

These files can be located in the Windows Fenrir package. It has the files you need. They are called rom3.bin and EEP3.bin within Fenrir. Rename and copy them to /video/plugins/nagra/ directory.

********************N1**********************

Now let's get to the new N2 stuff. For N2 this gets real easy. All you need is to download a bin for the FTA boxes and open it with a hex editor. The keys are there. At the time of this writing there is a pansat bin here:http://www.curious-contraptions.com/for ... php?t=6228 If you open it in a hex editor and look for address 0x1D20 you will find the idea key in that 16 bytes and address 0X1D30 contains the rest that you need. It's 64 bytes long.

The SoftCam.Keys file is set up like this:

N 0001 10 B4...A1 //16 Bytes
N 0001 M1 AB...BA //64 Bytes
N 0101 10 B4...A1 //16 Bytes
N 0101 M1 AB...BA //64 Bytes

Technically you only need the 0101 lines at this writing but, hey, why not. So, set up your SoftCam.Key file like abobe and place it in the /video/plugins folder. By the way, the // portions above are not needed. They are comments so you know what to place where.

Now, if I didn't steer you wrong and things went as planned we're ready to start VDR.

When vdr starts, it will first create a remote.conf. By default, a keyboard configuration is always created to allow control of vdr. You will need the terminal session in the forground to configure it. Softdevice also has it's own keyboard configuration. You will need the video window in the foreground for that. We have also installed support for LIRC to allow us to use a LIRc compatible remote. If you don't have LIRC set up at this point don't worry you can still control this with the keyboard. You can add the remote configuration later by deleting the /video/remote.conf file and starting VDR. It will run thru the remote setup like it was the first time it was run.

Now start VDR in a terminal session.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
./vdr -Psc -Pyaepg -P"softdevice -vo xv:"

You should see the command configuration window. Look at the top of the OSD and either bring the terminal to the front for a keyboard or bring the video window to the front for the Softdevice configuration. Once the configuration is finished you should be able to watch TV.

Let's set up an alias so you don't have to type so much to get this going. To do this you need to edit the .bashrc file. You will find this in your home directory.

nano -w ~/.bashrc

Add and alias entry to slow the typing down.

alias vdryss"./vdr -Psc -Pyaepg -P'softdevice -vo xv:'"

Save and close the file Log out and back in for this to take effect.

Now do this to start VDR, open a terminal window amd.

cd ~/VDR/vdr-1.3.34
vdryss

That pretty much concludes this installation. If you find any errors or problems please come back here and let us know so we can make this right.

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 21:37 
pa se to na svojih napakah se ucimo, tudi meni ni uspela namestitev v prvem poskusu.

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: Pe Nov 18, 2005 21:40 
lsmod
Module Size Used by
snd_seq_midi 6560 -
snd_pcm_oss 47456 -
snd_mixer_oss 16456 -
snd_seq_oss 31808 -
snd_seq_midi_event 5672 -
snd_seq 50224 -
snd_ens1371 19620 -
snd_rawmidi 20128 -
snd_seq_device 6772 -
snd_ac97_codec 92028 -
snd_pcm 81028 -
snd_timer 20748 -
snd 45156 -
soundcore 7072 -
snd_page_alloc 8208 -
snd_ac97_bus 1672 -
b2c2_flexcop_pci 6368 -
b2c2_flexcop 24852 -
dvb_core 75624 -
mt352 5900 -
bcm3510 10188 -
stv0299 10576 -
nxt2002 8620 -
firmware_class 7528 -
stv0297 7912 -
mt312 7500 -
i2c_core 17096 -

Pa še tole že v prvem članku nisem našu tele opcije
<M> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards (NEW)
Pa nisem uporabu genkernel ampak manual

Na vrh

Naslov prispevka:
OdgovorObjavljeno: So Nov 26, 2005 15:26 
babylon9 hvala za pomoč sam zaradi svoje neizkušenosti z linuxom mi tisto kar si dopisal ni kaj dosti pomagalo tako, da sem začel znova. Uspelo mi je s tem člankom VDR for Budget Cards On Gentoo SC 0.5.0, softdevice and, VDR 1.3.34,
sam da sem pri skeniranju kanalov uporabo tale ukaz
./dvbscan -lUNIVERSAL -o vdr -e 3 -s 0 -x 1801 -p dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > channels.conf.19.2E

1.Zanima me, če se da kanale na kakšen način posortirat. (hot lista) al jih morš ročno ven brisat.
2. Kaj bi moral v zgornji ukaz dodati ali odstraniti, da bi mi skeniral samo TV kanale

Na vrh

Prikaži prispevke prejšnjih:  Razvrsti po  
Napiši novo temo  Odgovori na temo  [ 8 prispevkov ] 

Vsi časi so UTC+01:00 Evropa/Ljubljana

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 3 gostov

Ne morete pisati prispevkov v temi
Ne morete odgovarjati na teme v forumu
Ne morete urejati prispevkov v temi
Ne morete brisati vaših prispevkov forumu
Ne morete dodati priponk prispevkom

Pojdi na: